What was the last book you read?
If it has been a while, maybe it is time to pick up another one. If you are an avid reader, how often do you get together with peers to share what you learned and your unique perspective on the book? We spend almost all of our time at the gym building up our bodies, so I thought it would be a worthy experiment to try something that builds up our minds.
On Tuesday January 25th from 7:30 – 8:30 PM we will be launching The Arsenal Book Study. This is an opportunity to read alongside your fitness peers and advance our collective knowledge of psychology, health, motivation, human performance, self-awareness, building habits and fulfillment in life. The Arsenal Book Study is open to, and freely provided, for all our current members. Sign up here
The format will go as follows:
- Sign up here so we know who is coming
- Buy and read or listen to whatever the book is prior to the session
- Sign up to attend the session via Zenplanner. Here is the link for this month to do so.
- Come ready to share ideas, hear from your peers, turn ideas into action and have some fun and a few laughs with your friends
- BYOB and snacks if you’d like
This month’s book is a very short one with a lot of punch: Turning Pro by Steven Pressfield. If you get the hard copy or audio book in the next few days you’ll likely have no trouble getting through it all prior to Tuesday the 25th.
This session will be led by me, Coach BJ McKay, so please reach out to me with any questions you might have, as well as any book recommendations for future sessions. Hope to see you there.